These Lobster Cakes are a quick and effortless lunch option. They would also be perfect for a cocktail hour in a smaller version. A step above my Tuna Cakes but just as easy.
- 1 cup of fresh lobster meat, pulled apart into bite size pieces.
- 1 egg, raw
- 1 large potato, shredded
- 1/3 cup of red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. relish
- 1 tbsp. butter
- olive oil
- salt n pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- drizzle of sesame oil
*Mix together well.
- Prepare all ingredients as directed and combine in a glass mixing bowl. Use hands to mold cakes into whatever size you would like. I prefer mine big and flat, very similar to a burger patty.
- In a large pan, heat oil and butter on a low medium heat. To test if your oil is hot enough, splash a drop of water in pan and if it sizzles it’s ready.
- Place cakes in pan and cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes each side.
- remove and place on a paper towel to set and allow grease to exit.
- Plate and drizzle with Sriracha Aioli, or use as a dip on the side.
- Crisp Kale is optional. Simply take pieces of kale and deep fry for a quick 30-60 seconds.