I love making freshly squeezed lemonade. It reminds me of our trip to Venice, California. Our air bnb had a large lemon tree in the front yard and the owner allowed us to pick fresh lemons daily. We started everyday with a refreshing glass of lemonade and soaked up the sun on the front porch.
This weekend is Canada Day, so I decided to play up on our nations colours and added fresh, locally farmed strawberries to the mix.
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. simple syrup
- 1 can of La Croix sparkling water, lemon flavoured. Regular Soda water or Perrier works too.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of vodka
- 1/2 ounce limoncello
- Muddle strawberries with the simple syrup (which is made by boiling equal parts sugar and water until it becomes a thick syrup).
- Squeeze lemon for its juice and strain out the seeds.
- Add lemon juice to muddled berries and syrup.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour ingredients over ice ( if making alcoholic version, add liquor also)
- Fill remainder of the glass with sparkling water.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
- Recipe is for single serving.