Wet Chia seeds are so good for you. Eating this was honestly a mind bender, totally tasted like dessert, not like breakfast. Also, I should give credit to my annoyingly smart boyfriend for the creative name on this one.
- 1 Banana, sliced
- handful of fresh cherries, pits removed
- 1/2 cup all bran buds or granola
- 1/2 cup Icelandic yogurt
- 1/3 cup dry chia seeds
- fresh mint for garnish
- Mix chia seeds with 1 1/2 cups of water and let sit over night. If you’re in a hurry, 30 mins does the trick too, but the longer they sit the better. Store in fridge.
- Prepare fruit as directed.
- Add all bran buds as your base, they stay dryer longer. Continue to build your parfait to your liking, but make sure you have a good balance of everything for the perfect bite every time.
- Enjoy immediately or if made in a mason jar you could store in fridge for 24 hours.