We are in the final weeks of summer and you can feel it in the air. This dish welcomes Autumn but tastes like summer. Nova Scotia peaches are ripe and sweet this time of year, so I took advantage and made a salsa that’s bursting with flavour. Great for chicken or pork. You could also use the salsa on it’s own as a dessert over ice cream or as a dip with cinnamon chips!
- 3 large Peaches, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt n pepper
Pork Tenderloin Seasoning:
- garlic powder
- salt n pepper
- olive oil
- Let tenderloin sit at room temperature for 30 mins before seasoning. Brush both sides with olive oil and add suggested seasoning. Go easy on the curry, it presents a strong flavour. Place tenderloin in a glass pan, and put in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until internal temp is 135 degrees.
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill for peaches.
- Cut each peach into 4 large wedges for easier grilling. Grill for about 2 minutes or until grill marks are achieved.
- Cut peaches into cubes, followed by tomatoes and mix together in a bowl.
- Add honey, drizzle over peaches and tomatoes.
- Add cilantro and squeeze 1 half of lime over mixture. Mix and taste. If it’s too sweet for you taste buds you can add more lime juice. Too bitter add more honey.
- When tenderloin has about 2 mins left of cooking. Place salsa over top and turn oven to broil, allowing tomatoes and peaches to roast for just a couple moments.
* I served this dish with a side of grilled Leeks. Rainbow carrots or butternut squash would be a lovely side as well.