What’s not to love about Chicken Parm? Crispy, well seasoned breaded Chicken Breast, Fresh, thick Mozzarella, Sweet Marinara sauce and Basil noodles…. mmm! This is seriously the BEST Chicken Parm I have ever eaten.
- 3 Chicken breast, butterflied and flattened ( butterfly means to slice length wise and open up so the breast isn’t as thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 1/2 Cups Italian Bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parm cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce ( I used CLASSICO brand: sweet basil marinara )
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh Mozzarella
- olive oil
- pasta of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all your dry ingredients and parm cheese in a bowl. Mix your eggs and water in a different bowl and place beside each other. You’ll be dipping chicken breasts in eggs, then spice mix, and back again, so place bowls close for less mess.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is heating, rinse chicken under running water and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Warm 2 cups of olive oil in a large pan on stove on medium heat, we want to brown the outside but not burn the parm cheese.
- Take one breast and dip in egg mixture, making sure to cover both sides. Dip into spice mix and coat evenly. Dip back into egg mix, coating both sides and dip back into spice mix, coat both sides. Place chicken breast in a glass pan and repeat with other pieces of chicken.
- Once all piece of chicken are evenly coated, place in heated oil. leave in for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place in glass dish. Place in oven to finish cooking. about 12 minutes or until 160 degrees.
- Start boiling water for pasta. Season water with 1/2 tbsp. of salt and a dash of oil.
- When Chicken is at 130 degrees or has about 2 minutes left to cook, place marinara sauce around the breasts.
- Switch oven to broil setting. Cover with mozzarella and place chicken back in oven to melt cheese.
- Once Cheese is melted, remove Chicken from oven.
- Drain pasta.
- Add 1 scoop of hot marinara sauce to pasta. Place Chicken on top of pasta. Top with Freshly grated parm cheese and dried time or basil.