This is by far one of my favorite recipes. I think it’s because the process begins with a walk Uptown Saint John, to buy fresh seafood from the City Market. I sear the outside briefly and leave the inside raw. It melts in your mouth. #drooling.
- 2 Tuna steaks
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Radish
- green onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
Lemon Ginger Sauce:
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prep: Tuna by rinsing under cold water, drying and slicing into large rectangular pieces. Coat outside with sesame seeds. Slice radish into thin circles, cut green onion, slice garlic cloves into thin “chips”.
- Heat cast iron pan with oils, and put garlic in until browned on each side. Remove when cooked.
- Now that your oil has more flavour from the garlic, add Tuna pieces, searing each side for 15 seconds (20 if you like it cooked longer then in the picture). Remove add slice into smaller pieces.
- Add Garlic “chips”, green onion and radish
- Add lemon ginger sauce
- Take a photo and ENJOY!