My twist on a classic pasta dish. I love the aroma that the herbs, Tomatoes and Garlic give off when roasting in the pan. Makes me so excited for the end result. Whatever you do, don’t skip the breadcrumb topping. The Breadcrumbs soak up all the flavour and add to every bite.
- 1 box Spaghettini pasta, or any long pasta
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup of Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Ciabatta bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt n pep, to taste
- Prep all ingredients as suggested, this recipe is fast so it’s good to be organized.
- In a large pot, begin to boil water for pasta. Make sure water is well salted. When water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook as directed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. When ready, add whole cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Let Tomatoes soften, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to a low setting and add garlic, oregano and basil. Continue to let Tomatoes soften and open up.
- Once Tomatoes are roasted, push gently on them allowing juices from Tomatoes to release into pan with herbs and garlic. If you find yourself needed more “sauce”, scoop some of your pasta water into pan.
- Take Ciabatta bun and pull apart into breadcrumb sized pieces. When ready, pour melted butter over breadcrumbs along with the juice from 1/2 a Lemon. Place in oven on broil for just a few moments, until golden brown.
- Drain pasta, and season pasta with olive oil, pepper, and shredded manchego cheese. Give pasta a toss, and add to pan of tomatoes and herbs.
- Mix pasta until coated in sauce. Top with bread crumbs and add fresh herbs. Add Parmesan cheese and enjoy!!