It was recently #Burgerweek in Uptown Saint John, which made me challenge myself in creating a burger. We tried 4 different burgers uptown, but honestly I’d have to say that mine was better then any we tried. Mind you, I played with what my taste buds wanted, so there was a slight advantage. I love blue cheese, and on this burger is went perfectly with the buffalo sauce that smothered the BBQ chicken breast #drool.
- 4 Chicken breasts, sliced length wise to reduce thickness, makes for easier eating.
- red onion, sliced into rings
- mild blue cheese
- your favorite Buffalo sauce
- dill pickles, sliced
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- Brioche buns, ( a must have )
- salt n pepper to taste
- Rinse Chicken under cold water and pat dry. Rub with oil, salt n pepper
- Place on bbq and cook until 160 Degrees. Meanwhile prep your burger toppings
- Add buffalo sauce to chicken when almost cooked. Adding too soon will burn the sauce and that’s all you’ll taste.
- Before shutting off the grill, I spread butter on the buns and lightly toasted them. (optional but recommended)
- Once chicken is cooked, and buns toasted, remove buns. Add blue cheese on chicken and shut the lid on bbq, allowing the existing heat to melt the cheese.
- Build your burger with the toppings you’ve chosen. I add a little mayo to bottom bun and add arugula. This stops the arugula from going everywhere.
- ENJOY your yummy burger!!