What I love about Chimichurri is that it’s so versatile. You can eat it with anything. I chose chicken for this recipe but it’s just as delicious with a grilled steak or salmon. It can be used as a spread on grilled sourdough bread or placed on a mistro board with cheese and crackers. No matter your dietary choices, chimichurri can be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1 Head of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Head of Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced (2 cloves if you prefer a mild garlic taste)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 red chillies , finely chopped (or 1 jalapeño)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season each side of chicken breast with Oil, salt and pepper and place on grill. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Roughly 7 mins each side depending on the size.
- Meanwhile prepare chimichurri as directed. Finely chop all ingredients and mix together.
- Add Olive Oil and salt and pepper. You want the herbs to be ” swimming” in the oil.
- Add juice from 1 half of lemon and taste. Add more juice if desired.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve chimichurri over chicken or on the side. ENJOY!