I love salads. The possibilities are endless. The more you mix flavours together and experiment, the better you become at knowing what your palate likes. Something I’ve come to really enjoy making are my own dressings and vinaigrette’s. There’s a comfort in knowing the exact ingredients put into making them and knowing the true shelf life. This vinaigrette will last 2 weeks in your fridge if kept in an air tight container. I personally use mason jars for my dressings and vinaigrettes. They work, come with labels, and double as a drinking glass. #winning.
( I didn’t have ground cinnamon, so I shaved down a cinnamon stick. I hate waste, so I put the rest of the stick in the vinaigrette to add flavour over time )
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 cup candied walnuts, whole
- Goat cheese
- 1 large honeycrisp Apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of curry powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt and pep
- Start with making the vinaigrette. Add ingredients together in order. Another benefit to using a mason jar is that you can just put the lid on and shake. If not using a mason jar, mix ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk vigorously.
- Next, prep salad ingredients as directed. Mix arugula and greens together. Then add Apple and walnuts.
- Add bite size pieces of goat cheese generously.
- Pour preferred amount of vinaigrette over salad and enjoy!