This Salad is a fiesta in a bowl!! So many different, bold flavours, you honestly don’t even need dressing (don’t worry, there’s a dressing). Also, yes those are doritos. This salad looks complex but is sooo easy to make.
- 1 pound Market fresh ground beef
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 lime
- fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cayenne
- salt n pepper
- small bag of doritos (I used nacho flavour)
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once heated, add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, chop lettuce drizzle with a bit of oil, salt and pepper.
- Chop the remaining veggies and add to seasoned lettuce.
- Once beef is cooked, add to salad. Next add Doritos, crushed up or full size chips.
- Squeeze lime over salad.
- Add dressing if desired or eat without.
Spicy Cilantro Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- salt n pepper to taste.
Blend all ingredients, I find it easiest to use my magic bullet and blend for 30 seconds or put all ingredients in a mason jar and shake for 30 seconds. The good thing about using mason jars is that you can store the dressing with in jar for 7-10 days in the fridge.
** For extra flavours, add salsa, sour cream or even guacamole to your salad.