How Beautiful is this soup? The toasted topping is a must, it adds a nice crunch to the creamy soup and some health benefits.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces, as if to go on a veggie tray.
- 3 whole garlic
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups of asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon for 1 tsp of juice, and zest from the outside of lemon.
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh parsley for garnish
- olive oil
- salt n pepper to taste.
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tbsp. quinoa
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- lemon zest
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt n pepper
- Start with roasting the cauliflower and garlic. On a baking sheet, spread cauliflower out and season with cayenne, salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Take whole garlic and slice of the tops. Wrap garlic in tin foil and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and close tin foil. Place on pan with cauliflower for 20 mins and bake for 20 mins at 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, sauté onions in butter on low heat and season with thyme and salt and pepper until translucent.
- When cauliflower and garlic are done, add to pot with onions.
- Add broth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to a food processor or blender or in my case, a magic bullet ( I really need to invest in a food processor ). Blend for 1 minute until soup becomes a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Transfer back to Pot and add in cheese. mix well and keep on low heat to allow cheese to melt and blend with soup.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, make your toasted topping. Mix all toppings together minus the lemon zest and parsley. Toast on medium low heat until sesame seeds are lightly browned or quinoa starts to pop.
- Scoop out a serving of soup and top with toasted seeds and add lemon zest and fresh parsley. Pair with a breadstick or baguette for dipping and enjoy.